8 Best Longboards for Heavy Riders
Longboards are not meant for any fixed-weight category. You can also have fun with it if you are a heavy rider or putting on a lot of weight. There are a lot of longboards that are built with such specifications that heavy riders can also enjoy them.
You can also use the best longboards for heavy riders. The specifications, like trucks and wheel size, of a longboard determine whether a heavy rider can ride it or not. We have found the top-rated longboards for heavy riders to give you reviews about the best products.
Best Longboards for Heavy Riders
1. APOLLO Longboard Skateboards
This longboard is well-known for its efficiency. You can have it for various purposes. However, this longboard is well-known for its efficient turning capacity. APOLLO is considered one of the top-quality longboards for heavy riders. You can also enjoy its different and fascinating looks.
Reasons to Buy
- Turning capability: It has an efficient turning capability. Most heavy riders love it for its turning capability. I have a really exciting experience with it. It has helped me in a lot of ways.
- Reverse kingpin trucks: The reverse kingpin trucks are also attached to them, which makes this ride easy, even for tall and heavy riders.
- Sharp turns and carving: The trucks mentioned above are helpful for sharp turns and carving for taller guys and heavy riders. You must keep in mind these features while purchasing it.
- Wheelbase tendencies: The above-described features reduce the wheel bite tendencies and let you have a ride for a longer period. All of this occurs because of the truck’s height and the distance of the wheels from the deck edge.
- Wheel dimensions: The dimensions of wheels are built so that you find a much better grip and your ride becomes a lot less shaky even if you are a heavy rider.
Rebound urethane: The rollers of this longboard consist of super high rebound urethane for much better shock absorption. It can help you to perform better on your longboard. According to my experience, it is worth the price.
Laminated deck: One of the loveliest things about this longboard is that it has a laminated deck. This deck covers up the whole wooden deck to prevent the deck from having scratches and is far free from fading.
Durable deck: These laminated decks are durable. They run for a very long period. The longboard appears to be smooth because of its laminate finish. With these, I get to enjoy myself more with my longboard.
Grip tapes: Besides the quality deck, this longboard has good grip tapes. These grip tapes help you to have slow rides and to cruise. These help you to have a strong balance, even if you are a heavy rider.
Grip sheet: This grip sheet is also not too coarse. That is why you find it easier to move your feet on the stepping surface and ride it according to your wish.
- Truck axles of 245mm
- 70mm wheel size
- 51mm wide lips
- Laminated deck
- 80S grip tape
- Reverse kingpin trucks are attached for better turning capacity.
- The wheels offer better grip, high rebounds, and less shaky rides.
- The laminated deck is there for additional durability.
- Quality grip tapes that make the longboard better for cruising.
- Clicking noise on the bearings is one of the disadvantages of this longboard.
2. White Wave Bamboo Longboard
A longboard that comes in unique and wonderful designs incorporated with durability. These designs are very eye-catching and fascinating for a lot of heavy riders. Its design caught my attention when I first saw it, and I was completely captivated by it.
Reasons to Buy
- Multiple layers: This longboard comes up with multiple layers of Canadian maple wood and bamboo. These help in building up the structure of the longboard in a more efficient manner.
- Tensile Strength: The multiple Canadian layers provide enough tensile strength to the longboard. This is the reason this longboard holds a lot of weight. It means you do not have to worry about being a heavy rider.
- Flexibility: Besides having tensile strength, the structure of the longboard is built to provide enough stability and flexibility.
- Sturdy deck material: With all of the above features available, it is a sure thing that this longboard has a sturdy deck material. This material helps you to have this longboard for a long period.
Heat-transferred graphics: Unlike other longboards, this longboard has heat-transferred graphics. These graphics let you appreciate this longboard for its unique appearance.
Transparent grip sheet: The transparent grip sheet is attached, which is not visible to the eyes. Heavy riders can find it helpful to maintain a firm grip on this longboard.
Natural wood design: Unlike other longboards, this longboard has a natural wood design. I appreciate this design because of its unique natural nature, and a lot of heavy riders mostly love it.
Urethane wheels: The longboard owns urethane wheels. However, these longboard wheels can load heavier riders like me. These wheels are strongly built and are efficient in use.
Built-in spacers: At the core of the longboard, the built-in spacers are attached to it. These spacers let you generate more speed and enjoy yourself on your own. If you are a heavy rider like me, you can still enjoy its speed factor by generating it with more pace.
Corrosion-free: It is made up of a source of aluminum which makes this longboard corrosion-free. I can appreciate this longboard for this factor too.
Lighter components: The longboard itself is made up of lighter components, but these lighter components can lift heavy riders like me.
- 9 ply longboard
- 70mm urethane wheels
- ABEC 9 bearings
- Built-in spacers
- Made with aluminum
- Canadian maple and bamboo for durability and flexibility.
- A unique heat-transferred design and transparent grip sheet for a natural look are attached.
- 70mm wheel size is given, which is ideal for heavy riders.
- ABEC 9 Hellion bearings with built-in spacers for better speed are also attached.
- High-quality and corrosion-resistant aluminum trucks.
- Having a wobbling wheel and loose hardware is the only big disadvantage of this longboard.
3. Volador 42-inch Freeride Longboard
If you are putting on much weight and are a heavy rider, this is the best-built longboard you can ever have on your purchasing list. According to my experience, it is one of the best longboards if you are involved in sports.
Reasons to Buy
- Good agility: The longboard is extremely popular not only because it is small enough that you can pack it in a bag and take it anywhere on city streets. You can enjoy it because it is fast and agile and you can ride it in crowded streets.
- Highly turnable: Whenever I use it, I find it efficient for its turning. The good thing is that it is highly portable too. You can enjoy it for various reasons. Except for this, it is also kickable.
- Directional shape: Having a stiff deck with a directional shape makes it suited for jumping and doing various tricks when moving around the city. It comprises a small nose so that you can also perform nose tricks.
- Responsive enough to turn: The narrow trucks and short wheelbase make the board turn extremely responsive. The big wheels help you to have a safe turn while pulling the tight turns.
Soft and bigger wheels: The wheels are very big and are relative to the deck size, which makes your longboard nice and smooth even on non-smooth grounds. You can easily have a ride on uneven ground too.
Offers stability: The wheels offer high stability and balance to you. You can easily turn it on different waves without having faced any kind of difficulty because of the balancing factor of this longboard.
Urban side longboard: Also known as the mini-cruiser longboard, you can take it to urban sides too. You can have fun on it and can do various trucks in it while having a ride.
- 28.5” long and 8” in width
- Narrow trucks of 105mm
- The short wheelbase of 14.5.”
- 63mm Hawg wheels
- Having high-quality components that separate it from other longboards.
- These components make it even more classy and efficient.
- Can easily nimble the carves while cruising. You also do not have to worry about maintaining balance and stability.
- A very technical longboard. So, only experienced heavy riders can ride it.
4. Sector 9 Highline Shine Longboard
A drop-through design that comes with a lot of specifications. To be honest, I have much weight, and I am a heavy rider. I was very nervous when thinking of having a longboard that could fulfill my demands. This longboard did not disappoint me at all. It owns such top-quality features with which you can also have an enjoyable and fascinating ride.
Reasons to Buy
- Drop-through style: This best longboard has a drop-through style. This style is very eye-catching and astonishing for a lot of customers out there. I was also very attracted to it when I saw it, and at the very first glimpse, I thought of having it and immediately put it on my bucket list.
- Higher stability: Due to the high amount of stability feature, it has become a very well-known longboard in the community of heavy riders. I had a very wonderful experience because of its high level of stability and balancing features.
- Lower center of gravity: The longboard is built to have a specifically lower center of gravity. Thus, it makes my ride easy and soothing. I am always in my comfort zone whenever I ride it.
- Easier sliding: The deck of this longboard is built in such a way that you can easily slide on it, and in this way, your longboard becomes very easy to start and control. These factors helped me out, in the beginning, to have a fascinating ride when I purchased it.
Hard wheels: The hard wheels of 80a are attached to them. These wheels are not the hardest I have seen, but they are hard enough to provide me the perfect balance of speed, control, and grip. These wheels are really helpful for me and most heavy riders like me.
Transparent color: Also, the rollers have a transparent color which is unique and fascinating. I like this transparent color, and I am attracted to it. This color is my choice for many heavy riders riding a longboard.
Sharp turns: You also can experience sharp turns if you are a heavy rider. I do not see these features with a lot of brands out there. These turns help you have a ride on various kinds of surfaces.
Pair of trucks: This longboard offers a pair of trucks. This pair of trucks is another reason you can have this longboard. These trucks help you have a smooth ride.
Double kingpins: The trucks also have double kingpins attached to them. These kingpins let me have the turns at a 90° angle.
- Higher stability
- Wheels of 80a hardness level
- Turn up to a 90° angle.
- Transparent color
- Perfect balance
- Drop-through deck style that offers better stability and easier sliding.
- The durometer of 80a provides the perfect balance of speed, grip, and control.
- Trucks with kingpin trucks have sharp turns.
- Suitable longboard for downhill riding and cruising.
- It arrives with loose trucks.
5. Landyachtz Evo 40 Spectrum Longboard
My biggest problem as a heavy rider was the balance. So, I was searching for a longboard, probably with a longer deck. This longboard is made up of a long deck and is one of the finest longboards for heavy riders. You can also have fun with its classic wheels, which help you ride easily and efficiently.
Reasons to Buy
- Long deck: The deck with a length of 39.35” helps you to achieve balance which means you do not have to worry if you are a heavy rider.
- Wide deck: Besides having a longer length, it is also wide. Also, you can enjoy its width of 9.8”. This width helps you to place your feet correctly and have a good steer on this longboard.
- Space for feet: You do not have to worry about putting on some weight and being a heavy rider. This longboard adds enough space to put your feet on it easily, and you can ride the longboard smoothly according to your wish.
- Solid trucks: Not only the length, but this longboard also comes with solid trucks attached. These trucks are wide enough and make a good match for heavy riders. The best thing about these trucks is that they are also maneuverable.
Affordable: One of the best things about this longboard is that besides all the specifications, this longboard is affordable in price. I was the happiest heavy rider when I learned it was worth the price. I did not repent even for a single second over a single penny.
Stiffness: The longboard is tough in its way. Built in such a way that you enjoy its stiffness factor because of its built characteristics. It is not the kind of longboard that tears upon after the use of some short period.
Grip sheet: A very high-quality grip sheet is attached to it. Helps you to have a firm grip on your longboard which means if you are a heavy rider, you still can have a strong grip on your longboard because of this grip sheet.
Spaceball bearings: The bearings of excellent quality are attached to them. These bearings hold such a high quality that you can have them for a long period. These bearings make them reliable for use and are fascinating.
Fully assembled: The plus point is that when I ordered it, it came fully assembled. I did not have to work hard to attach the extra parts to the longboard. All I did was throw it into the ground and begin to ride.
- Width of 9.8.”
- Length of 39.35.”
- Stable ride
- 180mm pair of solid trucks
- Fully assembled
- Has a longer and wider deck which helps you to achieve balance.
- Comes with a 180 mm pair of trucks that matches the deck size.
- Grip tapes and high-quality bearings at an affordable price rate.
- Ready to use as delivered.
- Not stiff.
- Arrives with 75a soft wheels, which is the only disadvantage I found with this longboard.
6. Teamgee H5 37” Electric Longboard
If you like fast speed and are also a heavy rider, this longboard is the best downhill longboard that can fulfill your demands and wishes for high-speed riding. This longboard has a specific design and is built so that you get extra pushing and force from your longboard. However, this unusual design makes your longboard even more worth it.
Reasons to Buy
- Amazing speed: Having a very unusual design. This design lets you achieve fast speed. It will be really fun for you to buy it if you are a fan of fast speed.
- Enough balance and stability: You can automatically have the taste of extra balance because of the unique shape and more pushing. This balance can achieve without the risk of wheel bite. This can make your ride a lot more comfortable and versatile to use.
- Great for beginners: If you want to learn how to ride a longboard and are a beginner, you can easily avail yourself of it because it is an excellent longboard for beginners. Having kept in mind that its price rate is very low.
- Lightweight: Very light, which makes it portable. You can enjoy its carrying nature. You can carry it anywhere else you want. Professionals can also use it. In the beginning, you find it difficult to get used to it. But believe me, this is not the case. It only took 10 minutes to get used to its fun ride.
Destructo Aluminum trucks: This longboard is liked by a lot of heavy riders because of its big-sized 7-inch Destructo aluminum trucks. These trucks help you in achieving balance and stability and give you the perfect amount of steer. These trucks are fluid and responsive.
Bearings: This longboard owns strong ABEC 9 bearings. These bearings are very good rated because of many reasons. You do not need force to push your longboard because of these bearings. You get a more robust role with the help of these bearings.
Crafted and abrasive grip tape: Besides a lot of features, this longboard has an abrasive grip tape attached to it. This tape enhances overall balance and stability during the ride. This is crafted from maple from Canada.
Strong grip tape: Grip tape is a lot more beneficial than it makes your ride last long and you can do riding for a solid and more period. It is proven to be great for heavy riders.
- 7-inch Destructo aluminum trucks
- ABEC 9 bearings
- OS780 grip tape
- Maple from Canada
- 41” longboard
- You can gift it to any age of heavy riders. The age limit is not restricted in this longboard.
- The fluid and responsive trucks make your ride even more balanced.
- Grip tape improves your stability to such an extent that any age holder can have and use this longboard.
- Made up of Canadian maple, which is a lot durable and long-lasting.
- When you are using this longboard and trying to take a turn, you will end up taking a turn but with a significant wheel biting.
7. Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboards
This longboard is unique even in its name. This longboard has a very sophisticated design which attracts a lot of heavy riders out there. Its design is its plus point. You are going to enjoy the ride of this longboard because of its styling features too. You are going to love it because of its appearance and fascinating features.
Reasons to Buy
- Desired speed: Magneto longboard is specifically designed with a lot of features in it. One of the main features is that you get to ride according to your desired and required speed. This means that if you like speed, you are going to have it and enjoy it.
- Balancing quality: The longboard is made in such a way that you can get the required stability, even on challenging surfaces. This stability factor is attracted a lot of skaters.
- Fast and instant turn: You can use it to have instant turns even on non-smooth terrains. You just have to keep riding on this longboard because this longboard makes you achieve the exact balance and stability too.
Controllable kingpin trucks: These kingpin trucks let you move your longboard smoothly. These kingpin trucks let you have control and charge of this longboard. These trucks make your ride even more fascinating.
ABEC7 bearings: Very precise bearings are attached to this longboard. These are ABEC 7 bearings. These bearings make the ride on the longboard much more exciting. This longboard is always ready to take the challenges, whatever challenges I throw at it.
Solid-built deck: The deck of this longboard is extremely solid. I do not think that this deck is even breakable. This deck is radially concave with the foot positioning. There is also no inclination present in the deck, which makes you have more smooth moves.
Wooden design: Its wooden design is really attractive. However, the design is made up of wood which makes it extremely stunning in its look. Moreover, I enjoy riding on this longboard, and this is one of the best longboards for heavy riders under $150, according to a lot of heavy riders.
- 80 AB grip tape
- Coated deck
- 70×51mm 78 polyurethane wheels
- 41” longboard
- 9.5” wide board
- 180mm of kingpin trucks
- ABEC 7 precision bearings
- Surf style and sophisticated design make it exciting and stunning.
- The deck is coated with grip tape, which means you do not have to worry about balancing problems.
- If you are a beginner, this longboard is great for you as it contains a lot of features on it.
- The deck has no inclination, which means you will find it easy to have your footsteps on it.
- There is a lot of plastic is gathered and clustered under the truck. Tools are required to remove this plastic because it causes hindrance in cruising on this longboard.
8. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard
This longboard is extremely liked by a lot of heavy riders. I am genuinely in love with this longboard. Unlike other boards, this longboard has high-quality tape. There is another feature installed in it named a tiny skate tool. This tool gives you a welcoming experience.
Reasons to Buy
- Multi layers: Comprised of eight layers. These layers make everything beneficial for you as this longboard is liked by most beginners and professional heavy riders.
- Great shortcuts: Longboard consists of eight layers which help you to find good shortcuts for the tracks. Besides, it makes your ride even more comfortable and exciting.
- Strong grip: Designed in such a way that you get a very firm grip on it. This grip helps you to have a stable ride. I enjoy its grip because I can easily ride on it without hesitation of having balance and stability problems.
- Wooden Fascinating Structure: Besides it is made up of wood. The wooden structure attracts a lot of heavy riders because the structure matters a lot.
- Weight limit: You do not have to worry if you are a heavy or fat adult. This longboard has a wide range of weight-carrying capacities. It can hold up to the weight of 330 pounds. It means your being heavy is not a serious problem.
Concave shape: The concave shape of the longboard allows you to take it downhill, on the streets, or in the skating park. This shape opens up the doors for riding your longboard on various terrains.
For beginners and intermediate: The use of this longboard is not only for the beginner level. But if you are an intermediate, you can also have it for cruising on different terrains.
Feet’s leverage: Due to the concave shape, the feet’s leverage is maximized. Because of this leverage, you can hold your longboard for the toughest and roughest of rides.
Shock-resistant wheels: Because of the shock-resistant wheels, your ride on the longboard becomes extremely classic. Your ride becomes problem free because of these wheels.
Solid alloy strong trucks: The longboard is constructed with solid alloy trucks. These trucks keep the ride safe for beginners and experienced riders. In short, you do not have to worry about the quality of the longboard while purchasing one.
- 41 by 9-inch maple board
- Weight limit of 330 pounds
- 70mm wide wheels
- HR82A shock-resistant Polyurethane wheels
- ABEC 7 steel bearings
- Steel axles
- A very firm grip tape is installed in this longboard. The tape helps you to keep your foot firm and have a strong grip on your longboard.
- Also, the large deck is placed, which helps you to place your foot peacefully on your longboard.
- You do not have to worry about being a heavy rider because this longboard has a carrying capacity of 330 pounds.
- The steel bearings make your ride even more smooth. These bearings must be cleaned in time when required.
- The degradation of wheels and the wooden design occurs sooner than expected.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do longboards have a weight limit?
Yes, longboards do have a weight limit. This is because the weight of the rider affects how well the board responds to turns and how much stress it puts on the components.
Heavier riders require stronger decks, trucks, and wheels that can handle more pressure and are designed for heavier loads.
Most longboard manufacturers will list the maximum recommended rider weight for each model of board that they produce.
Does weight matter with longboards?
Yes, weight can affect the performance of a longboard. Generally, lighter boards are easier to maneuver and more responsive, while heavier boards are more stable and can withstand rougher terrain.
What size longboard longboard should I get for my height and weight?
The size of a longboard that is suitable for your height and weight depends on several factors such as the kind of riding you plan to do, your experience level, and personal preference.
A general rule of thumb is that the wider and longer the board, the more stable it will be. For a beginner, we recommend opting for a board that is slightly longer than your height and has a width between 9”-10.5”.
If you are an experienced rider, you can go for a longer board or one with a narrower width (7.5”-9”).
How much weight can a 7 ply longboard hold?
It depends on the type and quality of the longboard. Generally, 7-ply longboards are capable of holding up to 250 lbs. However, if the board is made from higher-quality materials, it can hold more weight.
What is a good size longboard for beginners?
A good size longboard for beginners is typically between 33 and 44 inches in length. The shorter the board, the easier it will be to control and maneuver.
- How to Replace Longboard Wheels? Change Your Wheels - March 29, 2023
- How to Longboard Down a Steep Hill? (Downhill Riding and Longboarding) - March 25, 2023
- How to Attach Longboard Fin? Complete Installation Guide - March 22, 2023
Disclosure:This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more.