Are you looking for a longboard that will help you with your tricks?
Are you a beginner looking to get into longboarding stunts? Or maybe you’re an experienced rider looking for something new to try?
My Criteria for selection: I research the top rated products. Read all positive and negative reviews. I also interact with those having the product. Finally, indicated by my tests and drawing from my experience, I rate the products.
If so, then this blog post is just the thing for you! We’ve rounded up the best longboards on the market, perfect for any trick.
So let’s get rolling!
Best longboards for freestyle tricks
Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard
|Color||Bamboo Dancing Longboard|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Deck Length||46 Inches|
|Deck Width||9.5 Inches|
|Material||Bamboo, Fiberglass, Aluminum|
|Load Capacity||275 Pounds|
|Wheel Size||70 Millimeters|
|Item Package Dimensions (L x W x H)||46.89 x 11.5 x 5.79 inches|
|Package Weight||4.45 Kilograms|
|Deck Flex||Medium Firm|
|Deck Features||Dual Kick Tails, Subtle Arched Camber, Shallow Concave|
|Truck Material||Gravity Cast Aluminum|
|Truck Width||7 inches|
|Truck Bushings||SHR – Medium Stiffness|
|Wheel Material||SHR – High Rebound|
|Wheel Size||70mm x 53mm|
|Wheel Hardness||Shore 78A|
|Other Features||Top-mounted trucks, sand grip finish, free skate tool|
|Designed for||Cruising, Dancing, Shove-its, Manuals, Flip Tricks, Land SUP Paddling, Smooth Ride on Various Surfaces|
The Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is a great option for those looking to do tricks.
This board is 42″ long by 9″ wide with a 34″ wheelbase, making it perfect for carving and dancing.
Its top-mounted design ensures optimal responsiveness and control, and its bamboo and carbon fiber construction makes it durable enough to withstand hard landings. Plus, this freestyle longboard has kicktails for doing tricks like slides, grinds, and shuvits.
If you’re looking for a longboard that can take your trick riding to the next level, then the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard is an excellent choice.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Can roll over rough pavement and small obstacles like sticks and leaves.
- Big wheels and smooth bearings give a smoother and quieter ride.
- Soft wheels provide stability while you do the tricks.
- Well-built for the price.
- Visually stunning.
- Heavy and difficult to transport.
- Require adjustment of the trucks.
White Wave Bamboo Longboard
|Age Range||All ages|
|Deck Length||99 Centimeters|
|Deck Width||9.5 Inches|
|Item Weight||8 Pounds|
|Load Capacity||250 Pounds|
|Wheel Size||70 Millimeters|
|Suitable for||Beginners, Intermediate or Advanced riders|
|Deck Type||Multi-layered Bamboo deck with Canadian Maple core|
|Deck Dimensions||38″ Long x 9.75″ Wide|
|Deck Features||Mild concave, low center of gravity, symmetrical shape|
|Trucks||Drop Through Trucks, 7″ (180mm) Aluminium Alloy|
|Wheels||Smooth Hooligan Wheels, 70 x 53mm|
|Bearings||Hellion ABEC-9 Bearings with built-in spacers|
|Riding Styles||Cruising, carving, dancing, freeride, freestyle, downhill|
|Package Dimensions (L x W x H)||38.37 x 10.81 x 4.37 inches|
|Package Weight||4.11 Kilograms|
The White Wave Bamboo Longboard is a great choice for those looking to get into longboarding for tricks.
This board is perfect for beginners who want to learn the ropes, as it is comfortable to ride and provides great stability when carving and performing tricks.
Experienced riders will also enjoy this board, as it has plenty of power and speed to keep up with more advanced riders. This board is also perfect for little kids, due to its shorter wheelbase and large kick tail, allowing them to make tight turns and get the hang of tricks more easily.
With its combination of performance and comfort, the White Wave Bamboo Longboard is an excellent choice for beginners who want to do tricks on a longboard.
- Smooth and stable ride, good for beginners and casual cruising
- Good quality build, durable and able to withstand rough usage
- Appealing design and look, made of quality wood
- Flexibility in the deck for an enjoyable riding experience
- Reasonably priced for the quality offered
- Wheels and trucks may need upgrading based on personal preference or for better performance.
- Some customers had issues with baseplate nuts grinding and stopping the board
Amrgot 42 inches Complete Longborad
|Age Range||Teen, Boys, Girls|
|Deck Length||107 Centimeters|
|Deck Width||18 Centimeters|
|Load Capacity||330 pound|
|Wheel Size||70 Millimeters|
|Item Package Dimensions (L x W x H)||41.9 x 10 x 4.5 inches|
|Package Weight||2.99 Kilograms|
The Amrgot 42 inches Complete Longborad is a great option for those looking for a reliable and durable longboard for tricks.
This best longboard features a 9-layer maple board, giving it an extremely sturdy design, and it has a mediate concave to make sure your feet stay securely on the board.
This board is great for cruising, and its drop-through deck makes it easier to get on and off the board. Plus, the Amrgot 42 inches Complete Longboard is available at an affordable price point.
Whether you’re looking for slides, grinds, or shuvits, this board can handle it all. The performance of this trick longboard is Comparable it to other top longboard brands like the Magneto, White Wave, Loaded Boards, and Atom Longboards.
- The product is highly recommended by multiple customers.
- Unique and attractive design.
- The price of the longboard is affordable and reasonable.
- Sturdy and good quality.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Some customers had to change the bearings to make it roll smoother.
- The wheels don’t glide well and require more effort to ride compared to other longboards.
Loaded Boards Bhangra Bamboo Longboard
|Color||Version 2 – Orangatang 4 President 70mm/77a Wheels|
|Deck Length||107 Centimeters|
|Deck Width||9.5 Inches|
|Wheel Size||70 Millimeters|
|Trucks||Paris 180mm, 50° matte black longboard trucks|
|Wheels||Orangatang 70mm, 77a 4Presidents|
|Bearings||Loaded Jehu V2 bearings included|
|Flex Range – Flex <1||130-300+ lbs|
|Flex Range – Flex 2||90-190+ lbs|
|Features||Spacious dancing platform, functional design, high-performance flex, strong, damp, eco-friendly, versatile variations|
The Loaded Boards Bhangra Bamboo Longboard is a great choice for those looking to take their dancing tricks to the next level.
It features a spacious platform with plenty of room to move freely and nimble enough for advanced freestyle and freeriding tricks.
The nose and tail have been optimized to help grabbing for all tricks without worrying about anything. The mild concave provides edge control without interfering with footwork. Plus, the deck manufacturing is “bio oriented” and mixes bamboo, cork, and fiberglass for excellent flex and durability.
With this longboard, you can master flips, slides, grinds and shuvits just like the pros!
- Provides a smooth and quality ride.
- Sturdy and durable board with good flex.
- Top-notch trucks and wheels for stability and performance.
- Eco-friendly build and materials.
- Great for carving, dancing, and tricks.
- Good grip tape for secure footing.
- High-quality design and aesthetics.
- May not be suitable for all riders, as there are specific weight and flex options available.
- More expensive compared to other longboard brands and models.
Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard
|Deck Length||39 inches|
|Deck Width||10 inches|
|Item Weight||10 pounds|
|Load Capacity||220 pounds|
|Wheel Size||100 millimeters|
|Trucks||Reverse king pin – 50 degree base – 7 inch aluminum hangers – heat treated crmo axles – grade 8 king pins|
|Bearings||Rubber shielded ABEC 9 with high speed lubricant|
|Grip-tape||Super coarse 46 grit off-road grip|
|Item Package Dimensions (L x W x H)||40 x 11.6 x 5.5 inches|
|Package Weight||5.13 kilograms|
|Item Dimensions (L x W x H)||39 x 9.5 x 4.5 inches|
The Atom All-Terrain Longboard is the perfect choice for those wanting to take their skatepark tricks to the next level.
This board features a 10-inch wide maple lam drop deck, making it ideal for pushing and off-roading. Its sensitive flexing allows it to easily maneuver rough terrains, making it one of the most stable boards on the market.
Riders who are just starting out or those who are more experienced will be able to take advantage of this longboard, as it is budget-friendly and offers top-notch quality.
With its durable construction, riders can use this board to perform slides, grinds, and shuvits with confidence.
Atom has designed this best freestyle board so that everyone can get the most out of their longboarding experience.
- Rides smoothly even on rough terrain and cracks
- Great for tricks, even for older riders
- Capable of doing what the rider throws at it
- Wheels are like a “Cadillac,” with good suspension and a sturdy build
- Comes at a good price
- The back wheel base extends beyond the width of the deck, making it dangerous to ride as it can cause accidents when the pushing foot grazes the wheel
- Graphics on the bottom are more muted than shown in the pictures
MBS All-Terrain Longboard
|Color||Black and Green|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
|Deck Length||39 Inches|
|Deck Width||9 Inches|
|Item Weight||10 Pounds|
|Load Capacity||220 Pounds|
|Wheel Size||100 Millimeters|
|All-terrain Longboard Wheels||100mm x 65mm|
|Truck Type||190mm Navigator Drones Trucks|
|Bearing Type||Rubber Shielded ABEC 9 Bearings|
|Item Package Dimensions (LxWxH)||40.6 x 13.6 x 5.7 inches|
|Package Weight||5.08 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions (LxWxH)||40 x 13 x 6 inches|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
|Model Name||Drop Deck All-Terrain Longboard|
The MBS All-Terrain Longboard is a great choice for those who want to improve their freestyle riding.
With its stiff 10-ply maple drop deck and 190mm Navigator Drone trucks, it ensures precision turning and stability that won’t let you fall easily when you perform the longboarding tricks.
The 100mm all-terrain longboard wheels are cast to be able to ride on any type of terrain, be it pavement, dirt, or grass.
This best longboard for tricks is great for both beginners and experienced riders alike, making it very versatile. So if you’re looking for an all-rounder longboard that’ll give you the freedom to do some sweet tricks, the MBS All-Terrain Longboard is a great option.
- Very stable and confidence-inspiring even at high speeds.
- Grip tape, layup work, fit, and finish are perfect.
- Can handle messy, sandy, winter debris-strewn campground roads better than any other board in the quiver.
- Has Zealous bearings, which are the most amazing bearings ever.
- Heavy and stiff
- The skateboard’s durometer bushings are too soft for some riders, which makes it unstable at higher speeds. Hence, some riders need to upgrade the bushings to a harder type.
DB Longboards Long Distance Pusher / Commuter
|Deck Length||33 inches|
|Deck Width||9.33 inches|
|Load Capacity||225 pounds|
|Wheel Size||90 millimeters|
|League||Long Distance Pusher|
|Item Package Dimensions||36.75 x 10.5 x 6.5 inches|
|Package Weight||4.38 kilograms|
|Warranty Description||90 Day Manufacturer’s warranty|
|Model Name||Mini Cooper 33″|
DB Longboards Long Distance Pusher is a longboard that has been designed specifically for street tricks.
With its drop thru, rocker, and compact platform, it’s easy to push around and perfect for long-distance rides. It comes with one good push which will get you two complete circles and a very stable low platform that gives you the confidence to stand on one leg and push hard.
You’ll also be able to take on hills with ease as the board has an excellent grip. The tricks you can do through this quality longboard include slides, grinds, and dancing.
The DB Longboards are an excellent choice for those looking to get started in the freestyle longboard tricks.
- Smooth ride
- Plushy feels, like a Mercedes, compared to a Kryptonics board
- 90 mm wheels are great for rolling and crushing obstacles stable
- and the low platform provides confidence
- Double drop design provides good clearance from the ground
- Graphics are attractive
- Cloud ride ABEC bearings are good
- Good for cruising and carving
- Can handle cracks and rocks well
- Compact size with traditional downhill board features
- Grippy and responsive feel
- Good for commuting
- Heavy wheels are not good for some tricks
- Difficult to make sharp turns at high speeds
AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard
|Age Range (Description)||6 years and up|
|Deck Length||46 inches|
|Deck Width||10.51 inches|
|Item Weight||8.3 pounds|
|Load Capacity||250 pounds|
|Wheel Size||2.6 inches|
|Item Package Dimensions||46 x 9 x 5.5 inches|
|Package Weight||3.83 kilograms|
|Item Dimensions||46 x 10.51 x 3.94 inches|
|Suggested Users||Unisex-kids youth teen adults boys girls|
The AODI 46 Inch Freeride Skateboard is a drop-through longboard that comes with perfect wheels and trucks.
This complete cruiser skateboard is made from 9-ply Canadian maple, making it strong and durable enough to withstand all types of tricks. It’s also equipped with smaller wheels, making it ideal for performing tricks at slower speeds.
The Canadian wood concave design further enhances its ability to be used for dancing and other complicated tricks, while the LED wheels make it a great choice for cruising and carving.
With all these features combined, this board is sure to provide an unbeatable riding experience.
- The board is durable and comfortable to ride, with a good width for sure footing.
- The wheels light up, which is great for night riding and safety.
- The board is easy to control, making it suitable for beginners.
- The product is reasonably priced and visually appealing.
- It is a great gift for children who love skateboarding.
- The carrying bag may not fit the board well.
- The stock hardware, wheels, bushings, and bearings may need to be upgraded for better control and feel.
Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard
|Deck Length||104 centimeters|
|Deck Width||9.5 inches|
|Load Capacity||330 pounds|
|Wheel Size||70 millimeters|
|Trucks||7-inch aluminum alloy with ultra high elastic PU|
|Deck||41 inches long x 9.5 inches wide, 8-ply maple|
|Wheels||70mm x 51mm 80A PU with ABEC-11 bearings|
|Maneuverability||Built for downhill, speed, and freestyle riding|
|Package Dimensions||41 x 10 x 4 inches|
|Package Weight||3.38 kilograms|
|Perfect Gift||Lightweight with shock absorb ring|
|Refund Policy||30-day full refund guarantee|
The Junli 41 Inch Freeride is the best longboard if you want to try different riding styles.
With its highly responsive 7-inch aluminum alloy trucks and ultra-high elastic PU support pad, riders can expect to have plenty of control and stability while they ride.
The 41-inch deck is constructed with a 9.5-inch width, perfect for carving, free-style, and downhill riding. This longboard is also great for heavier riders, with its solid construction and reliable performance.
Whether you’re looking to master slides and grinds, or just want something extraordinary from your front foot, the Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard is a great pick for you.
- Easy to get used to, even for a complete beginner.
- Very stable and can be learned in just one day.
- Survives impact well and is durable.
- Great graphic design.
- Smooth riding experience on flat ground.
- Comes with tools needed for assembly.
- Easy to clean.
- Good quality wheels and trucks.
- Packaging may be insufficient and the board may arrive damaged.
- Difficult to remove the plastic wrap from tight spots.
- Griptape may get dirty easily.
UDITER Electric Skateboard with Remote
|Color||Black Board + Black Wheels|
|Deck Length||38.2 Inches|
|Deck Width||10.8 Inches|
|Item Weight||8.3 Kilograms|
|Load Capacity||330 Pounds|
|Wheel Size||105 Millimeters|
|Top Speed||28 mph|
|Motor||600W dual hub-motor|
|Battery||5S quick swappable battery (299wh)|
|Charging Time||4 hours|
|Water Resistance||IP55 waterproof|
|Trucks||8-inch 50°CNC trucks|
|Wheels||High-quality 105mm Nimbus PU scooter wheels|
|Handlebar||Can be equipped with a handlebar/triangular bracket|
|Warranty||6-month worry-free warranty, professional customer service|
|Package Dimensions||40.9 x 13.1 x 7.4 inches|
|Package Weight||11.14 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions||38.2 x 10.8 x 5.3 inches|
UDITER Electric Skateboards with Remotes have become increasingly popular for those looking for cruise boards to perform tricks such as manuals.
This board offers great features such as a top speed of 28mph, 25 miles range, 105mm PU wheels, and a 600*2W Hub-Motor.
It also has a quick-swappable battery, allowing you to switch out the battery quickly and get back on the board in no time. Furthermore, it is convertible to a scooterboard and its remote kit makes it an ideal choice for DIY electric skateboarders.
This dancing longboard offers great performance and is definitely worth considering if you want to master certain tricks such as ollies and popping tricks.
- Great speed for all levels of comfort with riding
- Great response from controller on speed, it really is instant speed
- Amazing customer service on issues with the board and controller
- Good for college students who want to save money on transportation
- Has a long battery life and a powerful dual-motor
- Acceleration is quick and powerful
- Braking is not too abrupt at higher speeds
- Swappable battery is brilliant
- Great for all day activity and long trips
- The mileage claim of 20-25 miles is not accurate; it gets about half of that distance in reality
- The board is somewhat heavy due to the electronic component box underneath.
- The board is not suitable for doing freestyle tricks.
- Very expensive
Choosing the right longboard for right tricks
Slides – Master the Slides
The slides are one of the most important tricks to master when it comes to longboarding. Drop decks are generally the best for beginners because they are the most stable and closest to the ground.
Popular drop decks like the Landyachtz Switchblade (Amazon) and the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard are great options for learning the basics.
After mastering your slides, you can start exploring other longboard tricks such as pendulums and grinds. Pintails and Drop Throughs are great choices for a variety of terrain and can help you practice your new skills.
The Coleman slide is a great starting point to learn how to slide and once you’ve got it down, you can start trying more advanced slides with boards like the Atom Longboards Atom All-Terrain Longboard or the MBS All-Terrain Longboard.
With practice, you’ll be able to master any trick on your longboard!
Grinds – Nailing the Grinds
Grinds are one of the most popular tricks in skateboarding, and they look amazing when done correctly.
To nail the grinds, it’s important to choose the right longboard for tricks. The Magneto Bamboo and Atom All-Terrain Longboard are all great options for grinding due to their durable construction and design. Additionally, the MBS All-Terrain Longboard and DB Longboards Long Distance Commuter also offer great stability when grinding.
With the right longboard for tricks, you can nail your grinds like a pro!
Shuvit – Doing a Shuvit
Shuvits are a great way to add some extra flair to your skateboarding routine. They involve spinning your board in the air and require practice if you want to do them correctly.
To do a shuvit, you need to pop your board off the ground with your back foot and then lean back and rotate your upper body while the board spins in the air. Once you’ve got the basics down, you can move on to more advanced tricks like Bigspins and Fakie Shuvits.
With the right longboard, such as the Magneto Bamboo Carbon Fiber Longboard or White Wave Bamboo Longboard, you can master these tricks with ease and take your skateboarding skills to the next level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which type of longboard is best for tricks?
The best type of longboard for tricks is a freestyle board. Freestyle boards are typically shorter and lighter than other longboard types and feature a kicktail, which allows you to perform ollies and other tricks.
Is a longboard or skateboard better for tricks?
It depends on the type of tricks. Generally, skateboards are better for performing tricks like ollies, kickflips, and grinds. Longboards are better suited for cruising and carving.
What kind of tricks can you do on a longboard?
1. Carving – shifting your weight from side to side and using your feet to steer the board.
2. Slides – sliding on the board and controlling it with your feet.
3. Ollies – jumping off the board and then landing back on it without losing control of the board.
4. Shove-it – spinning the board 180 or 360 degrees either vertically or horizontally while in mid-air or on the ground.
5. Drop-in – riding down a steep incline while maintaining balance on the longboard.
6. Manuals – balancing on two wheels while pushing off with one foot, then transferring your weight back onto both wheels again to maintain balance and keep moving forward.
7. Heelflips/Kickflips – flipping up the tail of your longboard with either your heel or toe by applying pressure to the nose of the board with your foot, followed by a quick spin for extra style points!
Is it harder to do tricks with longboard wheels?
It depends on the type of trick you are trying to do. Generally, longboard wheels are larger and softer than skateboard wheels, so they tend to provide more grip and be better suited for cruising and sliding tricks. However, they are not ideal for doing flip tricks because they tend to be too grippy.
Is it possible to kickflip a longboard?
Yes, it is possible to kickflip a longboard. It takes practice and patience, but with enough effort, it can be done.
Can you do tricks on a mini longboard?
Yes, you can do tricks on a mini longboard. Since mini longboards are typically smaller than regular longboards, they are more maneuverable and better suited for doing tricks such as slides, spins, and kickflips.
I am a longboarding enthusiast and a blogger. On this blog, I share tips, tricks, and advice based on my experience. I am dedicated to helping newbies improve their skills and enjoy this fun activity to the fullest.